Saturday, July 30, 2016

One Part of the Freezing Anime I Found Despicable

I really enjoyed the anime Freezing. I thought the action, story, and animation was good. I gave Freezing and Freezing Vibration, season 1 and 2 respectively, 9/10 on myanimelist.com though I still keep jumping from 7 to 9, sometimes even as low at 5, when I consider how the anime handled the mental, physical, and sexual abuse Satellizer experienced at the hands of Louis. It actually made me physically ill when they simply had Satellizer forgive him and move on after a single battle between her, Louis, Holly, and Kazuya. Even if you consider the six stages of grief/loss and say she was in denial the anime never again touches on the effects of having such horrors done to her, nor does it ever dwell into how horrendous it truly was for Louis to do the things he did to her. I don't understand, and have trouble accepting, how the anime could brush off something so vile and damaging so easily. I'm not sure if the Japanese culture looks upon sexual abuse so differently from Western societies that the way it was handled would be culturally acceptable, or normal, but it just makes me so angry that the anime portrayed the acceptance of such a terrible act. Excuse me while I go vomit after thinking about this particular situation for as long as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment