Saturday, July 30, 2016

DOOM Review

A single, three letter, word can completely and utterly sum up my experience so far in playing DOOM, and that word, ladies and gentleman, is FUN. I don't remember playing the original DOOMs when I was but a wee mole, but I do remember playing Wolfenstein 3D and such so I wasn't really feeling nostalgic or anything like that. I don't remember the actual difficulty I've been playing it on but it is set to being harder than I generally play games and I haven't been rage quiting frustrated (almost was there a few times) yet. From the map layouts, the different strategies you have to come up, the different monsters, the graphics and music, the suspense of battle, and definitely the glory kills are just, to me, so friggin FUN. In some cases the glory kills are even therapeutic after taking on a lot of big guys that made you work for victory and you get all angry and pumped and are just like DIE! and then can kill them in such a bloody, rewarding, and body breaking fashion.... -cough- sorry, got a little excited there. I have been playing the game on and off since it first came out and recently made it back to mars after getting out of hell, so I haven't beaten the game yet, but so far I feel that I may even go back and play again to try and find all the secrets and this is one of the very few games that I've felt like doing so with. I generally can't replay games out of boredom (made my MMO life horrible btw). All in all, the game is simply FUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment